"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." ~Thornton Wilder
1. I was the happiest woman on the planet when I scored these beauties at an antique shop in the neighborhood.
Over the past several weeks, the weather (with the exception of the last three days) has been showing true signs of lasting, beautiful warmer days on the horizon. This of course got me motivated to wash and pack away my winter wardrobe. However, I now realize how sparse and unprepared my closet is for summer as there is a gaping hole in my closet screaming to be filled. It's clear that part of my weekend plans is to get some shopping done for a few summer fashion must-have pieces, in addition to continuing my decorating plans for our terrace to get it ready for summer entertaining. In the meantime, here are a few things that I've been grateful for. Enjoy your weekend.
2. Finally tried grits and shrimp in Charleston, SC~
3. This lovely honey comb jug made for a perfect water jar on my brunch table setting.
4. My tiny urban rooftop variety herb garden box that I planted almost two months ago has grown a hundred times bigger in no time, and has yielded me some fresh herbs for my cooking.
5. This tasty homemade noodle soup warmed our soul on a cold grey rainy day yesterday.