1. FAUX FUR PILLOWS: Personally, I can't think of anything that screams cozy comfort more than several scattered faux fur pillows around the home during the cooler seasons. This statement-making faux fur foxy pillow cover is not only comfortable for curling up with, but its ombre pattern makes it perfect to add a touch of rosy brightness against the darker palettes typical of Fall and Winter. Imagine the immediate luxe update your home would get, just by covering your pillows with this sumptuously soft cover.
Our fall weather isn't joking around in these parts. For a moment there, the temperature had us thinking that maybe this year's sunny/warmer days were going to linger on and gradually transition into cooler crisp temps as the leaves began to reveal their ethereal fall hues. Psych! Next thing you know, skies were gray for days, water clouds began to loom over us, rain began to fall and the temp dropped from the 70s to low-50s in no time. Interestingly enough, my internal clock seems to have simultaneously made the switch going from: 'aw, I miss my summer days of sitting outside...' to suddenly wanting to be in the kitchen (which barely saw me all summer) baking pies and pumpkin bread - to having the sudden urge to sip on chai tea latte and finishing my fall prep for the season.
2. LAMPS: No room is complete without proper lighting and sadly, I've been without bedside lamps for a year now since one of my old lamps broke while moving. I've just not been able to find the right style that truly speaks to us yet. All of the lamps I've been scrolling through online or looking at in the stores haven't really made me/us say,'these are the ones! However, the simple geometric/elegant ring-like shape of this table lamp has it in the running (after changing the lampshades on them, naturally) among these ones: One // Two // Three // Four.
3. BARWARE ESSENTIAL: Every time I reach for my basic stainless steel cocktail shaker, it always reminds me of how boring my bar looks with it! Though practical, I still yearn for one that reflects our style and stands out in the crowd amongst the bottles on the bar, adding that touch of elegance to the bar cart that it deserves. However, one of the ones that have caught my eye besides these following options: One // Two // Three // Four, is a perfect mix of style in adding depth and glam to our barware essenstials.
4. CANDLES: I'm beyond obsessed with candles - so naturally, my home signature scent changes with each season. And this fall/winter season I'm all about the Teakwood & Tobacco scent. But if you're like a friend of mine who fears setting your home on fire, The diffuser version is a perfect alternative.
5. VELOUR BEDSKIRT: Since I'm not ready to upgrade my bed yet to either this one here, here and here, I have to rely on bed skirts to cover my bed frame for a tailored look. It's a toss up between this Juicy Couture velour option or this hotel-inspired style bed skirt. Also sort of liking these: One // Two // Three. I really wish this was still available from pottery barn.
6. COLORFUL VASES: Although I love my fall colors, I still like to incorporate a cheerie accessory such as a vibrant vase in my fall decor to bring life to my space after those beautiful autumn colors fade away to give the winter landscape (that comes with dark skies) its turn to shine.